Behind the Scenes
A look at some of the activity behind the scenes of the festival.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture. Use controls or swipe to navigate through the slideshow.
- Sound engineer David Nakamura.
- Livestream camera operator Austin Alimbuyuguen.
- Joel Katz.
- Bobby Ingano and Geri Valdriz.
- Glenn ʻʻKalenaʻʻ Foster and Alan Akaka.
- Larry and Shirley Holu.
- Konapiliahi Lau, Bobby Ingano, and Geri Valdriz.
- Geri Valdriz, Joey Misailidis, Bobby Ingano, Tai Misailidis, and Kona Lau.
- Livestream engineer Daniel Emhoff.
- An unidentified couple takes advantage of the music.
- David Nakamura with assistant Michiyo.
- Alan Akaka and Kapuanani Kumiko Greene.
- Bobby Ingano and Kapuanani Greene.
- Greg Sardinha with Kimo Kenolio.
- Larry and Shirley Holu with Koakane Mattos.
- SooJean Misailidis.
- Greg Sardinha and Konapiliahi Lau.
- Greg, Kona Lau, and Joseph Zayac.
- Festival musicians from Oʻahu: Greg Sardinha, Pomaikaʻi Keawe, Mālie Lyman, Joey Misailidis, Tai Misailidis, Bobby Ingano, Kaipo Asing, and Helene Woodward.
- Birdʻs-eye view of the livestream operation with Daniel Emhoff and Austin Alimbuyuguen.
- Partial audience view at The Shops At Wailea.
- A view of the stage from the audience.
- Photographer Don Touchi, Kapuanani Greene, and Alan Akaka.
- Alan and Kapuanani.
- A vewi of the livestream monitor.
- Livestream central.
- Oʻahu musicians and staff: Larry and Shirley Holu, Bobby Ingano, Kaipo Asing, Greg Sardinha, Monte McComber, Tai Misailidis, Don Touchi, Joey Misailidis, Alan Akaka.
- Tante Urban, owner of Tante's Island Cuisine. Tanteʻs was one of the restaurants visited by the group.
- Verdine Kong, Larry Holu, Tai Misailidis, Alan Akaka, Monte McComber, and Geri Valdriz at Tanteʻs restaurant.
- The place.
Back to Gallery: 2022 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2022 by Don Touchi Photos and HIMELE.