The Friday evening ho'olaule'a pageant featured steel guitarists Tadashi Arakawa, Geronimo Valdriz, Tetsuya Ishiyama, Duke Kaleolani Ching, and Alan Akaka. Also featured were the Next Generation steel guitarists.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or swipe or use controls for slideshow.
- Featured steel guitarist Tadashi Arakawa from Yokohama, Japan.
- Tadashi Arakawa with Gary Aiko, Alan Akaka, Greg Sardinha, and Kaipo Asing.
- Featured steel guitarist Geronimo ''Geri'' Valdriz.
- Geri always plays barefoot.
- Geri with Gary Aiko, Alan Akaka, Greg Sardinha, and Kaipo Asing.
- Geri with a Rickenbacher Frypan.
- A Maui Festival tradition: Kimo Kahoano and Kathy Collins cutting the rug.
- Kimo and Kathy.
- Featured steel guitarist Tetsuya Ishiyama from Tokyo, Japan.
- Featured steel guitarist Duke Kaleolani Ching from Highland, California.
- Duke Kaleolani Ching with his Fender triple-neck Stringmaster.
- Duke Kaleolani Ching's daughter, Kumu Hula Kapua Hollands, dancing hula.
- Featured steel guitarist Alan Akaka.
- Alan with his Asher Akaka Signature Edition steel guitar.
- Alan with Gary Aiko, Larry Holu, Greg Sardinha, and Kaipo Asing.
- Next generation steel guitarist Joey Misailidis.
- Joey plaing her Canopus 8-string steel guitar.
- Larry Holu.
- Kaipo Asing.
- Joey with Gary AIko and younger sister Tai Misailidis on U-bass.
- Joey Misailidis with Gary Aiko, Tai Misailidis, Alan Akaka, and Kaipo Asing.
- Next Generation steel guitarist Alexis Tolentino playing her Rickenbacher frypan.
- Alexis Tolentino.
- Alexis Tolentino dancing hula.
Back to Gallery: 2017 Festival
Photos by Don Touchi Photos ©2017 by Don Touchi Photos and HIMELE.