Open Stage - Ke Kula Mele Hawaii School of Hawaiian Music
Students from Ke Kula Mele Hawaii School of Hawaiian Music performed on Saturday's open stage. The group was led by steel guitarist Alan Akaka (who also performed in Friday's Ho'olaule'a program). Many of the ensemble performers are also steel guitar students of the school.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or swipe or use controls for slideshow.
- Students from the Ke Kula Mele Hawaii School of Hawaiian Music performed on the open stage. From left: Gale Warshawsky, Ronald Tolentino, Shirley Holu, Noriko Tomita, Alexis Tolentino, Keen, Ching, school director Alan Akaka, Mālie Lyman, and Larry Holu.
- Shirley Holu, Gale Warshawsky, Alexis Tolentino, Noriko Tomita, and Keen Ching. Alexis and Keen are also Next Generation steel guitar players.
- Shirley Holu and Gale Warshawsky.
- Shirley, Gale, Alexis, Noriko and Keen.
- Gale Warshawsky, Ronald Tolentino, and Noriko Tomita.
- Noriko Tomita, Mālie Lyman, Ronald Tolentino, Shirley Holu, Alexis Tolentino, and Keen Ching.
- Gale Warshawsky and Norkio Tomita.
- Next Generation Steel Guitarist Alexis Tolentino. Alexis also performed in her own open stage segment.
- Ronald Tolentino, Norkio Tomita, Shirley Holu, Keen Ching, and school director Alan Akaka.
- Next Generation steel guitar student Mālie Lyman.
- Mālie singing and playing.
- Next generation steel guitar student Keen Ching, accompanied by Alexis and Mālie.
- Steel guitar students in a group performance of the Mauna Kea/Mauna Loa medley. From left: Noriko Tomita, Keen Ching, Alexis Tolentino, and Mālie Lyman.
Back to Gallery: 2016 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2016 by Don Touchi Photos and HIMELE.